If you want to ever wanted to know what sort of political platform I would run on, it would go something like what follows here. The following policies should be promoted worldwide to work towards a more peaceful world until as such time as Humanity has transcended the need for such things or when significantly better policies, techniques or technologies are available.
These polices tend to be VERY US-centric (because I am an American) and these will reflect the social and political realities here, but many will be quite applicable to all other nations as well, except for the Nordic states and a few others, of course, which are so far ahead of us and the rest of the world that is quite embarrassing.
If we want real change, especially with Earth and Humanity’s suffering from Climate Change and being on the verge of the Sixth Great Extinction, then we must embrace radical and aggressive change. We need to stop attempting policy and philosophies that we know will not work and which got us here in the first place. You cannot fix a problem with the same thoughts and ideas that created it. Making things better requires that you understand why it went bad in the first place so you can prevent it and do better.
Note: I will keep updating this as I go.
Here are the 7 Philosophical Pillars for my political ideas and which should also be adopted by all:
- Justice and Compassion
- Science and Technology
A public education and information plan should be created to promote these philosophical pillars. Use media such as:
- Youtube videos
- social media program
- Major Media
- public service educational announcements, classes
- short TV shows or informational segments
- short radio shows or informational segments
- newspaper advertisements or articles
- classes in our schools
- flyers and other pamphlets
Understanding and promoting these values can help bring about significant change to the world.
Politics and Elections
Many of these can be enacted on a local level too.
Enact comprehensive electoral reform. This will fix many, many problems including corporate ownership of our country which has resulted in the US no longer being a country having transformed into the largest international corporate conglomerate with its own private military (the largest and most powerful in the world) and whose primary world-wide export is terrorism.
Here is my ginormous post on Electoral Reformrequired in the US in order to have something borderline resembling a democracy. Here is a post giving some background on it: Systemic Suppression within America’s Two Party System.
We need to end the revolving door from government to Wall Street,
Some of this will require constitutional amendments to enact especially at the federal level, but we need to shift our government at all levels to have:
- Proportional Representation
- Consensus Based Democracy
New States for US Territories and Districts
The following territories and districts need to become full US States, because their people are all US citizens and are denied full representation and a real voice in government.
- Washington DC
- Puerto Rico
How a Bill Becomes a Law
- Each bill should only cover one issue and should not have entries that are not directly related. If you want pork barrel spending, then you can create a bill just for that. You will not add a controversial line just to tank a bill or to slide something in just to make sure it gets in there because you know you cannot pass it on its own.
- We should shift to a more open and citizen focused bill passing process – one that is not ‘a corporation hands us the bill‘. I outlined a basic process which tries to integrate consensus based democratic principles here: Legislative Process For A Consensus Based Digital Democracy
The Wall of Separation Between Church and State needs to remain inviolable. Science and ethics are what needs to guide us into the future.
War and Peace
Say No to Police Actions
All military actions outside of the US should require congressional approval. There should be nothing classified as a ‘police action.’ which is used as method to bypass congressional approval. All Military action outside the US needs to go through congress otherwise the president can send the military wherever they want just by changing the label.
Peace Easier Than War
Going to war or any “police action ” should require 2/3 vote and peace should require only 1/2. It should be more difficult to go to war and easier to go peace. Currently, it is the opposite. =(
Industries and Those Destroying Humanity and the Earth
US War Spending
Because most defense spending since WWII has not been about freedom or defense, but has been about corporate profits driven by the defense industry, pharmaceutical industry, and the fossil fuel industry we need to:
- cut the defense budget in half to start
- The Pentagon will have to answer for its lost trillions or people will go to jail
- Especially as implemented through the IMF, Austerity Measures are economic warfare and should be abhorred and prevented for it usurps national sovereignty and it strips natural resources from its people and casts them into poverty, allowing US companies to profit from such processes which is highly unethical and abhorrent.
- Austerity based loans need to be nullified.
- All companies that have gained from such processes must return such resources back to the ownership of their respective countries.
Defense and Weapons Contractors
- Non-Profit: They should be true non-profit organizations, for to profit from war and violence is to need war, and that guarantees that war and the destruction of human lives shall never end.
- Extra Taxation: They should also be subject to a significant sales taxation for selling death and war which should not be an industry to profit from easily.
Stop Creating Terrorists
Since it has work so well historically (NOT!), the CIA and other US governmental agencies should stop creating (training, funding, and arming) terrorist organizations such as:
- Al Queda
Stop Supporting Terrorist States
We need to completely stop supporting terrorist states and those with massive human rights violations such as:
- Arabic states
We need to not only stop supporting these states, but we also need to Boycott, Divest and Sanction (BDS) them too.
Pull out of the Middle East and completely stop the flow of money and resources from the US to that area, especially to buy oil, unless it is to rebuild without using US contractors, only using local contractors or this becomes a money grab like it already is – Haliburton.
Stop assassinating leaders we do not like and overthrowing governments.
Fossil Fuel Industry
We will make the money back from the below process in 10 years due to health care savings alone by reducing pollution, increasing efficiency, and saving the environment.
- They will receive a 20% increase in taxes
- They will have 1 year to create a 5 year plan to
- shift to alternative energy
- completely remediate all environmental damage caused directly or indirectly (over the entirety of their operation and of their subsidiaries)
… in preparation to be classified as a public utility or else managers shall face lengthy prison, no compensation including Golden Parachutes, as well as fines for failing not only their company but Humanity en toto.
Law Enforcement and Guns
Complete demilitarization of the police not only in equipment, but also in training.
Ending the training that results in the dehumanizing of the people that they are here to protect and serve
Crisis Intervention Training (CIT) for all officers
Get rid if IQ limit for officers
- You cannot be an officer if you have a history of abuse, violence, or hard drug use.
- Officers should:
- be tested for psychological stability
- have required empathy levels
- be educated in the interdependent factors in social and criminal issues along with methods of solving and preventing the problems.
- have training in non-violent conflict resolutions
- Minority officers should be over represented in the force, because they are a minority.
- Civil Forfeiture needs to be ended or greatly reformed for it violates the principle of innocent util proven guilty. People have their property taken from them for a very long time even when they have done nothing wrong and they have no recourse. Some department even take the things they stole from innocent people for themselves or to fund or equip their department. (Washington Post 2015, Last Week Tonight 2014)
- End prison privatization and the school-to-prison pipeline and end prison privatization. All current private prisons should be take over by the government.
- Lawyers should all be public servants so that the rich cannot bury a citizen under a law suit that they have not hope of combating, because they cannot afford a multi-million dollar legal team, which is a favorite tactic for corporations. The field needs to be leveled and the people need a place at the table. Without equal access to quality representation there will be no justice.
- Fines should be proportional to income that way the rich cannot be immune to punishment and the poor are not imprisoned as a debtors prison.
- End prison slave labor.
- The Criminal Justice needs to focused on solving the problems, remediation, rehabilitation, and counseling and not punishment for punishment’s sake. Punishment for punishment’s sake does not solve the problems.
- Prisoners still need to be treated like human beings and not caged animals. If you treat them like caged animals then that is what you shall end up with (ie the Nordic prison model)
- End the death sentence
- Human trafficking must be a top problem to attack world wide, including slavery in all its various contemporary forms. Major intergovermental task forces world-wide need to attack this issue.
- End embargo on CDC gun violence research.
- Mandatory nationwide universal background checks for ALL sales (public and private).
- Close gun show and personal sales loop hole nation wide
- Minimum 7 day waiting period.
- Require registration, insurance, and gun safes as well as yearly inventory and inspections of guns and gun safes.
- Assault rifle ban
3D Printing of Guns
3D printing of guns should be outlawed or greatly regulated and tracked:
- registration of schematic in a national database
- traceable ID numbers per part and per gun
- watermarks on gun part so it can be know what design it was printed from to make it more traceable
- owners/creators must follow normal gun regulations
- Gun ban for domestic abusers, those with violent records, addicts, and those with mental illness. I should not have to say this, but also for those who are blind or with significant visual impairment.
- Conceal carry permits only for those:
- with combat experience or continuous advanced tactical training
- who can prove a need, but will require continuous training to improve and increase skills which will be paid by the government due it being a safety issue for the permit holder and the public.
- who want a conceal carry but do not have a clear and present need, then they will need to go through a lot of military like training drills so that they will not be a danger to the public – months and months of continuous combat training like a soldier would in order to prepare them for small arms combat in an urban situation and then they can be licensed.
Base Economic Policies
- All banks need to be converted to publicly owned banks
- Post Offices can offer basic banking services
- Federal Reserve:
- End the Federal Reserve as a private entity. It must be returned to the people.
- The owners of the current Federal Reserve shall have their accounts frozen and all assets returned to the US and they shall be jailed. The Rothschilds should be jailed.
- Money that is created by the Federal Reserve and made available for the banks shall NOT have interest charged.
- End Fractional Reserve Lending
- A primary valuation for national, economic and business policy shall be the Common Good Balance Sheet (CGBS) which should inform and influence taxes, fees, and other economic and business decisions; for economics devoid of conscience manifests horrors into the world.
- All local, state, and federal governments need to perform a spending review to ensure that money is being spent how it should be. Too many politicians waste the people’s money
- Progressive Taxation with a Marginal Tax Rate @ 90% or more
- Get rid of tax caps (make all income taxable) which will shift the burden of payment to those of higher economic tax brackets.
- Implement a Maximum Wage @ 10x the lowest wage including all forms of compensation monetary or not including: tax options, use of business resources, salary, everything else.
- Increase the Minimum Wage to $20 to start; Minimum Wage should be based on a ratio of poverty level income for a given area and it should be adjusted with changes in poverty level to maintain a minimum income nowhere near poverty levels. It should put a person well beyond poverty and into true independence.
- Slowly stop producing coins and bills and begin the shift to an all digital economy similar to one of the Nordic states (Finland?).
- Privatization is basically NEVER the answer.
- Universal Basic Income (UBI) implemented progressively. Those at the top do not need any help, while those at the bottom can use more.
- Shift to a 4 day work week and work hours per week need to be reduced to 32 hours per week
- Concentrate on promoting cooperative ownership of businesses.
- Strong support of unions and protection of worker rights and safety. All industries should be unionized globally.
- Universal free daycare
- Return the money stolen from Social Security and the Postal Service by the Republicans
Tech and Infrastructure
- Fund massive infrastructure work:
- general building, upgrade, and repairs
- shift to sustainable energy, methods, and city designs
- create green/wild crossings
- start compensating for flooding due to climate change like the Nordic states are by creating flood ways where excess water can go to
- Massive funding increase to NASA and other governmental scientific research.
- Completely redesign, integrate, and digitalize the national infrastructure similar to Estonia and Switzerland so we can join the modern era, which will increase efficiency and and increase public access to services.
- Universal and free access education (all levels)
- All student loans need to be terminated.
- At least double teacher’s pay
- Funding for schools should, in a manner, be aggregated state-wide and then redistributed to the schools to keep rich communities from having everything and poorer communities from having nothing.
- At least triple the funding for all schools. Schools should never be wanting of funds for education is the very backbone of equality, creativity, innovation, and productivity.
- No more charter schools and private schools, voucher programs are a fraud.
- Only the best should qualify to be teacher; required to have at least a masters degree to teach and be at the top of their class
- continuing education is required
- if a teacher is not doing well then they need to go away or learn to be better, perhaps a mentorship
- There should also be a distinct separation between academics hired for research and teaching, they cannot do both. Teachers need to teach and researchers need to research. Teachers Assistants (TA’s) cannot teach a class for a teacher and get paid crap for it.
- Shift to the interdisciplinary education model of the Nordic countries which have the best education systems in the world.
- Schools should start later – near 10:00am.
- Elementary schools need more recess
- Schools should include the following subjects:
- comprehensive sexuality education (Nordic model)
- mindfulness and meditation, empathy, philosophy, critical thinking, comparative religion, non-violent communication, conflict resolution
- arts and music class (choir, band, orchestra, music theory, etc..) – at least one shall be required
- Foreign Languages
- at least 2 foreign languages should be taught all throughout schooling from daycare all the way through college and beyond
- as a precursor to foreign language courses in middle school and high school a linguistics class should be taught which includes the use of Esperanto.
- local Indigenous languages should be taught as a 3rd choice
- Esperanto should be taught as a fourth choice
- a critical analysis the many failures economic systems including systemic structural violence and racism
- a critical analysis the many failures and your nation of origin, why they were failures, why they happened, and what should have been the ethical response and why, and why they chose the wrong answer. If we do not learn from history then our children shall make the same mistakes as we have already made.
- how all things are interdependent
- Organic permaculture and hydroponic/aquaponic farms onsite and for the children to work with so the children will learn about food, ecologies, interdependence, and health of our food and nature.
- Classes should be taught in an interdisciplinary fashion such as the Nordic model
- Use Restorative Justice programs
- The religion of high school and university athletics competitions need to end. Sure some small scale competitions are ok, but in the scheme of things, sports are not a way for a person to realize more about the world, to understand their place in it, nor to change the world or to make a difference. Our children should be looking up to people such as: Galileo, Copernicus, Neil de Grasse Tyson, Stephen Hawking, Marie Curie, etc and than to whoever can devastate someone else physically.
We should consider the Universal Declaration of Human Rights as set forth by the United Nations as a binding document and work towards making it so, as well as the following universal declarations:
- Universal Declaration of Linguistic Rights
- Universal Declaration on the Human Genome and Human Rights
- Universal Declaration on Bioethics and Human Rights
Immigrants and Refugees
- No people are illegal
- Abolish ICE
- Radical change to our immigration laws including path to citizenship
- If we do not want to take in refugees then we need to stop creating them around the world not only through our social, political, and economic actions, but also through exacerbating climate change and not aggressively fighting against it.
- If we have meddled with that country in one form or another then we should automatically accept immigrants from that country, since we are a part of the problem.
- all drugs must be decriminalized, legalized, and regulated
- addiction and use must be treated as a social health issue.
- those convicted of non-violent offenses should be immediately released.
- Sex Work:
- Sex work must be decriminalized, legalized, and regulated.
- Those convicted of non-violent offenses should be immediately released.
- Assisted suicide
- needs to be legalized nationwide.
- Universal and free access to healthcare and fitness programs (including mental health, vision, dental, chiropractic, physical therapy, physical trainers, gym memberships, nutritionists, dietitians, and others)
- Universal access to sick time (minimum of 2 weeks).
- Healthcare should also be publicly owned and non-profit, for there is not profit to be made by keeping people truly healthy.
- Those who work in healthcare should also be the healthiest people around otherwise those institutions and their policies are failures.
- Some of the first questions healthcare people should ask are about: diet, exercise, and home life (food, housing, abuse), for these factors are some of the most powerful that may determine mental and physical health.
- Flexible time for exercise should be made available even during the work day.
- Plentiful access to vacation (minimum of 3 weeks), parental childbirth leave (1 year each), bereavement leave,
Homelessness and Poverty
- If needed, use eminent domain to claim housing to house the homeless.
- Excess food should be sent to shelters and food pantries instead of wasted.
- Excess clothing should likewise be sent to shelters and food pantries instead of wasted.
- Shift to the Metric System
- End Daylight Saving Time
- Shift to the 24 hour clock
- Reformed International Fixed Calendar (IFC)
- Public utilities (all energy production, etc);
- The Internet should be classified as a public utility and be taken over as a public utility.
- Apologize and make reparations for colonialism and genocide of Africans, Native Americans, and other indigenous peoples
- Stopping all beauty contests off all sorts and if all ages, especially kids. We need to celebrate intelligence, ingenuity, creativity, and compassion.
- Indigenous languages should be recorded and codified so we do not lose it and so it can be taught
“I’d like to share a revelation that I’ve had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species and I realized that you’re not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment but you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply and multiply until every natural resource is consumed and the only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You’re a plague and we are the cure.”
Environmental Studies and Efficiencies for All Projects:
- All governmental, manufacturing, building, production, agrarian, organizational, business, and personal projects and processes should:
- … study and minimize negative environmental and ecological impact;
- … study and minimize negative impact on humans;
- … utilize AI, automation, and 3D printing as much as practicable;
- … follow full life-cycle sustainable processes by:
- using sustainable energy, technologies, and techniques,
- full recycling of all byproducts by providing a service to do, using a service which can do so, or an outline for full technical process to recycle a product which can and will be created and utilized
- create a plan for full remediation the effected environment and ecologies
Environmental Certification and Rating Organizations:
- Create national organization(s) to aid with the above processes which shall also create and manage certifications for various levels compliance:
- creation of facilities
- creation of product
- recycling of products and byproducts
- remediation and protection the environment and ecologies
- We need to look at our natural environment and start to fix it as much as possible to compensate for pollution and the unnecessary destruction of the environment that man has an penchant for doing. Environmental remediation is a must.
- Deserts and other barren areas can be completely rehabilitated to be forests in about 10 years. There are several groups working on that.
- We need to start cleaning up the oceans:
- recycling the plastics
- filtering out the microbeads
- Launch a swarm of microsatellites over the north pole to provide shade for the poles to cool it down and to reduce the affects of global warming.
National Wide Business Pollution Evaluation:
All companies and their processes must be evaluated as far as how much pollution they have done and are doing and they:
- They will have 1 year to create a 5 year plan to completely remediate all environmental damage caused directly or indirectly (over the entirety of their operation and of their subsidiaries).
- Change their processes to prevent this in the future.
- Face an increasing amount of taxes every year until as such time as they have complied.
Comprehensive City Planning
We need to redesign and replace our cities and do so in a manner such as The Venus Project which integrates sustainable and smart city design where each city’s infrastructure will be designed from the ground up with all that it needs and with a specific number of population to support. Start to transition our towns and city to this model. It is easier to build sustainable and smart cities anew from the start then it is to continuously remodel old and outdated designs and technology.
- More sustainable Homes: require all new housing to have significant alternative energy or a green roofs or walls. Old houses torn down and reconstructed as energy efficient, sustainable, and with sustainable energy and storage.
- Sustainable and Locally Connected Communities: shifting housing production to be more sustainable and include housing designs like Earthships – sustainable housing, localized food and energy production; community houses tied together through a utility building which stores and manages local electricity and can share and sell it to other communities; this could work for internet too; large scale urban community hydroponic/aquaponic/aeroponic farms.
- Ban on Single Use Plastics: or shift to a non-petroleum based product which biodegrades naturally in 6 weeks or less and/or is safely edible for humans or other life.
- Recycle Human Waste: either in a bioremediative or technological way so that it can be returned to the ground and not pollute our water and lands.
- Recycle All The Things: Everything needs to be recycled completely. If it cannot be recycled then it should not be created. The Nordic States are doing great with this, so can we.
- Food should be composted and returned to the ground which results in carbon sequestration
- There is no reason that every single thing cannot be recycled including houses. Entire industries could spring up around this. Automated plans need to be available to recycle everything. If there is not an effective method to recycle something then it should not be made.
Shift to Alternative Energy Cars:
All cars or other transportation companies:
- They will have 1 year to create a 5 year plan to completely shift to all of their cars to alternative energy including refitting.
- Face an increasing amount of taxes every year until as such time as they have complied.
- Create a buyback or conversion plan to support transition to alternative energy based cars
- set up public sustainable energy charging stations for electric vehicles
- create cities with more free and sustainable public transportation, including smaller services like Uber or Lift
Food Production and Agricultural Policies
- The owners need to be imprisoned and all technology, research, patents, and funds returned to the people.
- Their patents and IP returned to the people
- The money from the company should be returned to all of the small family farms that were devastated by their lawsuits, and all of the seeds destroyed.
- Those family farms should be reconstituted in one way or another, if possible, through the evolved means mentioned below
The US shall greatly invest in Hemp production and research.
- construction: hempcrete, hemp based lime, hemp oil,
- products: paper, rope, clothes, fabric
This will also allow us to reduce deforestation.
Evolution of Farming:
- Create a mandate and economic support for a shift to aquaponic, hydroponic, or aeroponic farming (as much as practicable) for this uses 10% of the land and water and is more easily to be made organic, and can be located in urban areas to keep food production nearer to population areas which also reduces its carbon foot print.
- Get rid of factory farms and only allow truly free range animals.
- Stop cows as food
- Start making serious investments and research in insect, mushroom, and algae based food sources which are nutrient dense and require little resources for the amount of food it produces.
Healthy Food For All:
- Organic whole foods should be cheaper than everything else. Taxes should be increased on processed foods based on lack of nutritional density.
- Food should NOT be thrown away but should be either:
- composted and returned to the ground which results in carbon sequestration
- given to those who are in need.
Globalization and Unification of Humanity
- The Cancer of Capitalism and Its Antidote (7 pgs; Nov 2017)
- New Constitution for Asgardia and for the world: