Read about it and you be the judge:
- Uganda considers death sentence for gay sex in bill before parliament (Guardian UK, November 2009)
- Uganda’s Anti-Gay Bill: Inspired by the U.S. (Time, December 2009)
- Taboos Silence Opponents Of Uganda Anti-Gay Bill (NPR, December 2009)
- Uganda’s bill to imprison gays for life is an outrage that should be rejected (Washington Post, January 2010)
- Op-Ed: Bearing False Witness in Uganda (HRC Backstory, January 2010)
Contact your legislators via HRC to let them know that this is not acceptable anywhere in the world.
I know what I am about to write here is bitterly sarcastic and angry… but here it is anyhow:
Congrats Scott Lively, Don Schmierer and Caleb Lee Brundidge! This must be a proud moment for you and your Fundamentalist Christian community. Bravo! Bravo! You have worked hard spreading ignorance and lies to ensure the deaths of more people. How proud you must be to know that you will soon have the potential death of many vile homo’s on your hands. Your “Godly” works are now responsible for promoting another tyrannical and oppressive regime like Iran and China where human rights are only a convenience for the state to play with and not a human right. I hope you enjoyed the participatory process in bringing about such stellar and model Christian legislation.