This is based off 2 combined Pagan rituals: Holy Water; Wiccan Water Blessing and Catholic rites from the following sources Vatican II Water Blessing; Chapter XXVII Holy Water. They all follow the same basic pattern and outline. The Catholic version is more verbose and specifically mentions the Father, Son, and the Holy Ghost and other Christians specific theology.
My ceremony is simpler and has the same basic parts and is more flexible. It could be made more Catholic like by adding more text.
- purest water you can find
- sea salt
- and any other materials you wish to add to the water such as flower petals, there depending on the tradition you follow.
- glass container for water if you choose to store it
Let the water sit out all night under the light of the full moon. At midnight under the full moon do the following ritual. When done let the water sit out under the full moon and collect it in the morning before sun rise.Alternatively, let it sit out all night under the full moon and then perform the ritual under the light of a newly rising sun.
(While performing the 3 fold cross say)
“Our help is in the name of the Lord.
Who made heaven and earth.”
“Oh, Great (Ones, My Goddess, My God, and) Holy Creator of all that can be surveyed and not
I call upon you and need your assistance in this moment.
I bring forth this water in which we request your blessings”
(holding up the container of water to show it)
“Bless this water
Bless this water with you guidance, love, healing, purification and power”
Exorcism of Water (Pagan)
(Hold your hands over container of water and say:)
“I exorcise thee, oh creature of water,
of all negativity both seen and unseen,
and bless thee in the name of the spirit and creator.”
(Imagine a small blue-white light filling the water. Take your time.)
Exorcism of Water (Catholic)
O water, creature of God, I exorcise you in the name of God the Father almighty, and in the name of Jesus Christ His Son, our Lord, and in the power of the Holy Spirit. I exorcise you so that you may put to flight all the power of the Enemy, and be able to root out and supplant that Enemy with his apostate angels: through the power of our Lord Jesus Christ, Who will come to judge the living and the dead and the world by lire. Amen.
Exorcism of Salt (Pagan)
(Hold your hand over an amount of salt and say:)
“I exorcise thee oh creature of salt
Of all negativity both seen and unseen
and bless thee in the name of the spirit and creator.”
(Envision the same blue-white light covering the salt.)
Exorcism of Salt (Catholic)
O salt, creature of God, I exorcise you by the living God, by the true God, by the holy God, by the God who ordered you to be poured into the water by Eliseus the Prophet so that its life-giving powers might be restored. I exorcise you so that you may become a means of salvation for believers, that you may bring health of soul and body to all who make use of you, and that you may put to flight and drive away from the places where you are sprinkled every apparition, villainy, and turn of devilish deceit, and every unclean spirit, adjured by Him Who will come to judge the living and the dead and the world by fire. Amen.
Cleansing (Pagan and Catholic)
(While performing the 3 fold cross – Catholic)
“May a mixture of salt and water now be made in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.”
(Add three pinches of salt to the water stir three times.
Hold the container at eye level with both hands and say)
“I cleanse and consecrate this water in the name of the spirit and creator,
May this liquid enhance and purify all that it touches.
So mote it be!”
“Humbly and fearfully do we pray to Thee, O Lord, and we ask Thee to look with favor on this salt and water which Thou has created. Shine on it with the light of Thy kindness. Sanctify it by the dew of Thy love, so that, through the invocation of Thy holy name, wherever this water and salt is sprinkled it may turn aside every attack of the unclean spirit and dispel the terror of the poisonous serpent. And wherever we may be, make the Holy Spirit present to us who now implore Thy mercy. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, Who lives and reigns with Thee in the unity of the Holy Spirit, God, forever and ever. Amen.”
“With the water so blessed, May this harm none.
With these final words let it be done. So mote it be and blessed be .”
- Google Search: Water blessing ritual OR Ceremony OR rite -site:ebay.com -decals -labels
- UUA Water Blessing
- Water Blessings
- About Water Blessings (Catholic)
- Pagan: Salt water is used for it purifying qualities; Rose Water is used to Love, Friendship and Protection
- Catholic Ceremony – Blessed in the new moon.
- The Order of Blessing Water
- The Blessing of Water
- Blessing of Blessed Water My brother and sisters in Jesus Christ,let us praise God our Father, who called us in baptism to be his people.[Moment of silence.]Blessed are you, Lord our God,Father of all and creator of the universe:through the waters of our baptism, you have raised us to new life in Jesus.
Let this water remind us of your love
Show to us when we were baptized.
Help us, Father, to live in your service.
Blessed are you, Father, for ever and ever.
- Wiccan Ceremony
- Esbat Pagan Rituals
- BLESSING OF WATER “Oh Great Ones, My Goddess and my God, I call upon you, In need of your help,Bless this water, (Hold up small bowl of water.)Bless this water, With your power, With you purification, With you healing powers,Bless this water (put bowl down, and now use the water for power, purification and healing)
With the water you so blessed, May this harm none.
The spell is done, So mote it be and blessed be .”
- UUA Water Blessing – Purified Rose Water, a little Sea Salt, and Glass Container