This has hit my inbox as a Forward. The only reason I am going to post this is because I have a small and not so interesting story that goes with this.
When I was in the US Navy part of our glorified duties while stationed on the USS Enterprise in the Reactor Controls Division 22 (RC 22) was to strip and buff floors. Specifically, click we were in charge of tending to was the XO‘s passage way amongst a few others. I was showing a newbie the process of stripping and waxing the floor at about 01:00 in the morning or so. We happen to run out of stripper and was not going to be able to get more until the morning, audiologist and this needed to be done tonight. I think the newbie had a can of Coke and we had a few stubborn spots that the striper was not going to take care of. So I told him to give me the can and I poured some of it on the trouble spots and we left for a few hours. We came back and finished the job. The Coke worked well. Using it is time consuming because of the wait, but it works. The other option that we had when stripper was not doing the job of removing wax from the floors. was AFFF which I have heard works well.
The email that was forwarded to me follows:
This is really an eye opener… Water or Coke? We all know that water is important but I’ve never seen it written down like this before.
- 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated.
- In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is often mistaken for hunger.
- Even MILD dehydration will slow down one’s metabolism as much as 3%.
- One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100%of the time;dieters studied in a University of Washington study.
- Lack of water, the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.
- Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.
- A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a printed page.
- Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.
And now for the properties of COKE:
- In many states (in the USA) the highway patrol carries two gallons of coke in the truck to remove blood from the highway after a car accident.
- You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of coke and it will be gone in two days.
- To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola in! to the toilet bowl and let the “real thing”sit for one hour, then flush clean. The citric acid in Coke removes stains from vitreous China.
- To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub the bumper with a rumpled-up piece of Reynolds Wrap aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.
- To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.
- To loosen a rusted bolt: Applying a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for several minutes.
- To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of coke into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help loosen grease stains.
- It will also clean road haze from your windshield.
For Your Info:
- The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. Its pH is 2.8. It will dissolve a nail in about 4 days. Phosphoric acid also leaches calcium from bones and is a major contributor to the rising increase in osteoporosis.
- To carry Coca-Cola syrup (the concentrate) the commercial truck must use the Hazardous material place cards reserved for Highly corrosive materials.
- The distributors of coke have been using it to clean the engines of their trucks for about 20 years!