Note: If you want to ever wanted to know what sort of political platform I would run on, it would go something like what follows here.
Note: The following policies should be promoted worldwide to work towards a more peaceful world until as such time as Humanity has transcended the need for such things or significantly better policies are available.
These polices tend to be VERY US centric (because I am an American) and reflect the social and political realities there, but many will be quite applicable to all other nations as well, except for the Nordic states and a few others, of course, which are so far ahead of us and the rest of the world that is quite embarrassing.
Note: I will keep updating this as I go.
Politics and Elections
Many of these can be enacted on a local level too.
- Electoral Reform: Enact comprehensive electoral reform. This will fix many, many problems including corporate ownership of our country which has resulted in the US no longer being a country having transformed into the largest international corporate conglomerate with its own private military (the largest and most powerful in the world) and whose primary world-wide export is terrorism.
- Here is my ginormous post on Electoral Reform required in the US in order to have something borderline resembling a democracy.
- Consensus Democracy: Some of this will require constitutional amendments to enact especially at the federal level, but we need to shift our government at all levels to have:
- Proportional Representation
- Consensus Based Democracy
- Say No to Police Actions: All military actions outside of the US should require congressional approval. There should be nothing classified as a ‘police action.’ which is used as method to bypass congressional approval. All Military action outside the US needs to go through congress otherwise the president can send the military wherever they want just by changing the label.
- Peace Easier Than War: Going to war or any “police action ” should require 2/3 vote and peace should require only 1/2. It should be more difficult to go to war and easier to go peace. Currently, it is the opposite. =(
Industries and Those Destroying Humanity and the Earth
- US War Spending: Because most defense spending since WWII has not been about freedom or defense of people, but has been about corporate profits driven by the defense industry, pharmaceutical industry, and the fossil fuel industry we need to:
- cut the defense budget in half to start.
- have the the Pentagon will have to answer for its lost trillions or people will go to jail
- Austerity Measures:
- Especially as implemented through the IMF, are economic warfare and should be abhorred and prevented for it usurps national sovereignty and it strips natural resources from its people and casts them into poverty, allowing US companies to profit from such processes which is highly unethical and abhorrent.
- All US companies that have gained from such processes must return such resources back to the ownership of their country. Austerity based loans need to be nullified.
- Defense and Weapons Contractors: should be true non-profit organizations, for to profit from war and violence is to need war, and that guarantees that war and the destruction of human lives shall never end. They should also be subject to extra export taxation for exporting death and war which should not be an industry to profit from.
- Supporting Terrorism: Not only stop supporting terrorist states, but Boycott, Divest and Sanction (BDS) them too.
- Arabic states
- Creating Terrorists: Since it has work so well historically (NOT!), the CIA and other US governmental agencies should stop creating (training, funding, and arming) terrorist organizations such as:
- Al Queda
- Stop Terrorizing:
- Pull out of the Middle East and completely stop the flow of money and resources from the US to that area, especially to buy oil, unless it is to rebuild without using US contractors, only using local contractors or this becomes a money grab like it already is – Haliburton.
- Fossil Fuel Industry: We will make the money back from the below process in 10 years due to health care savings alone by reducing pollution, increasing efficiency, and saving the environment.
- They will receive a 20% increase in taxes
- They will have 1 year to create a 5 year plan to
- shift to alternative energy
- completely remediate all environmental damage caused directly or indirectly (over the entirety of their operation and of their subsidiaries)
… in preparation to be classified as a public utility or else managers shall face lengthy prison, no compensation including Golden Parachutes, as well as fines for failing not only their company but Humanity en toto.
Law Enforcement and Guns
- Law Enforcement
Complete demilitarization of the police
Ending the training that results in the dehumanizing of the people that they are here to protect and serve
Crisis Intervention Training (CIT) for all officers
Get rid if IQ limit for officers
- You cannot be an officer if you have a history of abuse or violence
- Officers should:
- be tested for psychological stability
- have required empathy levels
- educated in the interdependent factors in social and criminal issues along with methods of solving and preventing the problems.
- have training in non-violent conflict resolutions
- Minority officers should be over represented in the force, because they are a minority.
- Criminal Justice:
- End prison privatization and the school-to-prison pipeline
- Lawyers should all be public servants so that the rich cannot bury a citizen under a law suit that they have not hope of combating, because they cannot afford a multi-million dollar legal team, which is a favorite tactic for corporations. The field needs to be leveled and the people need a place at the table.
- Fines should be proportional to income that way the rich cannot be immune to punishment
- end debtors prison
- prison slave labor.
- the Criminal Justice needs to focused on solving the problems, remediation, rehabilitation, and counseling and not punishment for punishment’s sake. Punishment for punishment’s sake does not solve the problems.
- Prisoners still need to be treated like human beings and not caged animals. If you treat them like caged animals then that is what you shall end up with.
- Guns Violence
- End embargo on CDC gun violence research.
- Mandatory nationwide background checks for ALL sales public and private
- Close gun show and personal sales loop hole nation wide
- Gun ban for domestic abusers, addicts, and those with mental illness or violent records. I should not have to say this, but also for those who are blind or with significant visual impairment.
- Require registration, insurance, and gun safes as well as yearly inspections of gun safes.
- Conceal carry permits only for those:
- with combat experience or continuous advanced tactical training
- who can prove a need, but will require continuous training to improve and increase skills which will be paid by the government due it being a safety issue for the permit holder and the public.
- who want a conceal carry but do not have a clear and present need, then they will need to go through a lot of military like training drills so that they will not be a danger to the public – months and months of continuous combat training like a soldier would in order to prepare them for small arms combat in an urban situation and then they can be licensed.
Base Economic Policies
- Public owned banks
- Post Office to offer basic banking services
- Federal Reserve:
- End the Federal Reserve as a private entity. It must be returned to the people.
- The owners of the current Federal Reserve shall have their accounts frozen and all assets returned to the US and they shall be jailed. The Rothschilds should be jailed.
- Money that is created by the Federal Reserve and made available for the banks shall NOT have interest charged.
- End Fractional Reserve Lending
- General Economic
- A primary valuation for national, economic and business policy shall be the Common Good Balance Sheet (CGBS) which should inform and influence taxes, fees, and other economic and business decisions; for economics devoid of conscience manifests horrors into the world.
- Progressive Taxation with a Marginal Tax Rate @ 90% or more
- Get rid of tax caps (make taxable income) which shifts the burden of payment to those of lower economic tax brackets.
- Implement a Maximum Wage @ 10x the lowest wage including all forms of compensation monetary or not including: tax options, use of business resources, salary, everything else.
- Increase the Minimum Wage to $20 to start; Minimum Wages should be based on a ratio of poverty level income for a given area and it should be adjusted with changes in poverty level to maintain a minimum income nowhere near poverty levels. It should put a person well beyond poverty and into true independence.
- Slowly stop producing coins and bills and begin the shift to an all digital economy similar to one of the Nordic states (Finland?).
- Work hours per week need to be reduced to 33 hours per week
- Privatization is basically never the answer.
- Universal Basic Income (UBI) implemented progressively. Those at the top do not need any help, while those at the bottom can use more.
- Fund massive infrastructure building and repairs, including shift to sustainable energy, methods, and city design
- Massive funding increase to NASA.
Concentrate on promoting cooperative ownership of businesses.
- Strong support of unions and protection of worker rights and safety.
- Return the money stolen from Social Security and the Postal Service by the Republicans
- Completely redesign, integrate, and digitalize the national infrastructure similar to Estonia and Switzerland so we can join the modern era, which will increase efficiency and and increase public access to services.vac
- Universal and free access education (all levels)
- All student loans need to be terminated.
- At least triple the funding for all schools. Schools should never be wanting of funds.
- At least double teacher’s pay
- Funding for schools should, in a manner, be aggregated state-wide and then redistributed to the schools to keep rich communities from having everything and poorer communities from having nothing.
- Only the best should qualify to be teacher; required to have at least a masters degree to teach and be at the top of their class
- continuing education
- if a teacher is not doing well then they need to go away
- There should also be a distinct separation between academics hired for research and teaching, they cannot do both. Teachers need to teach and researchers need to research. Teachers Assistants (TA’s) cannot teach a class for a teacher.
- Shift to the education model of the Nordic countries which have the best education systems in the world.
- No more charter schools and private schools.
- Schools should include the following subjects:
- comprehensive sexuality education
- mindfulness and meditation, empathy, philosophy, critical thinking, comparative religion, non-violent communication, conflict resolution
- arts and music class (choir, band, orchestra, music theory, etc..) shall be required
- a critical analysis the many failures economic systems including systemic structural violence and racism
- a critical analysis the many failures and your nation of origin, why they were failures, why they happened, and what should have been the ethical response and why, and why they chose the wrong answer. If we do not learn from history then our children shall make the same mistakes as we have already made.
- how all things are interdependent (Butterfly Effect)
- Organic permaculture and hydroponic/aquaponic farms onsite and for the children to work with so the children will learn about food, ecologies, interdependence, and health of our food and nature.
- Classes should be taught in an interdisciplinary fashion such as the Nordic model
- Use Restorative Justice programs
- The religion of high school and university athletics competitions need to end. Sure some small scale competitions are ok, but in the scheme of things, sports are not a way for a person to realize more about the world, to understand their place in it, nor to change the world or to make a difference. Our children should be looking up to people such as: Galileo, Copernicus, Neil de Grasse Tyson, Stephen Hawking, Marie Curie, etc and than to whoever can devastate someone else physically.
- Universal free daycare
- Schools should start later – near 10:00am.
- Elementary schools need more recess
- Human Rights: Consider the Universal Declaration of Human Rights as set forth by the United Nations as a binding document and work towards making it so, as well as the following universal declarations:
- Consensual Crimes
- All drugs must be decriminalized, legalized, and regulated; addiction and use must be treated as a social issue. Those convicted of non-violent offenses should be immediately released.
- Sex work must be decriminalized, legalized, and regulated. Those convicted of non-violent offenses should be immediately released. Human trafficking must be seen as a death sentence and must be a top problem to attack world wide, including slavery in all its various contemporary forms.
- Assisted suicide needs to be legalized nationwide.
- Universal and free access to healthcare (including mental health, vision and dental)
- universal access to sick time (minimum of 2 weeks).
- Healthcare should also be publicly owned and non-profit, for there is not profit to be made by keeping people truly healthy.
- Those work in healthcare should also be the healthiest people around otherwise those institutions are failures.
- Some of the first questions healthcare people should ask are about: diet, exercise, and home life, for these 3 factors are some of the most powerful.
- Flexible time for exercise should be made available even during the work day.
- Plentiful access to vacation (minimum of 3 weeks), parental childbirth leave (1 year each), bereavement leave,
- Shift to the Metric System
- End Daylight Saving Time
- Shift to the 24 hour clock
- International Fixed Calendar (IFC)
- Public utilities (all energy production, water, etc); the Internet should be classified as a public utility
Stopping all beauty contests off all sorts and if all ages, especially kids. We need to celebrate intelligence, ingenuity and creativity.
Apologize and make reparations for colonialism and genocide of Africans, Native Americans, and other indigenous peoples
Food Production and Agricultural Policies
- The owners need to be imprisoned and all technology, research, patents, and funds returned to the people.
- The money from the company should be returned to all of the small family farms that were devastated by their lawsuits, and all of the seeds destroyed.
- Their patents nullified
- Hemp Production: The US shall greatly invest in Hemp production and research.
- construction: hempcrete, hemp based lime, hemp oil,
- products: paper, rope, clothes, fabric
- Evolution of Farming:
- Mandate and economic support for a shift to aquaponic,hydroponic, or aeroponic farming (as much as practicable) for this uses 10% of the land and water and is more easily to be made organic, and can be located in urban areas to keep food production nearer to population areas.
- Get rid of factory farms and only allow truly free range animals
- start making serious investments and research in insect, mushroom, and algae based food sources which are nutrient dense and require little resources for the amount of food it produces
- Healthy Food For All: Organic whole foods should be cheaper than everything else. Taxes should be increased on processed foods based on lack of nutritional density.
“I’d like to share a revelation that I’ve had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species and I realized that you’re not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment but you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply and multiply until every natural resource is consumed and the only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You’re a plague and we are the cure.”
- Environmental Studies and Efficiencies for All Projects: All governmental, manufacturing, building, production, agrarian, organizational, business, and personal projects and processes should:
- … study and minimize negative environmental and ecological impact;
- … study and minimize negative impact on humans;
- … utilize AI, automation, and 3D printing as much as practicable;
- … follow full life-cycle sustainable processes by:
- using sustainable energy, technologies, and techniques,
- full recycling of all byproducts by providing a service to do, using a service which can do so, or an outline for full technical process to recycle a product which can and will be created and utilized
- create a plan for full remediation the effected environment and ecologies
- Environmental Certification and Rating Organizations: Create national organization(s) to assist with the above processes which shall also create and manage certifications for various levels compliance from:
- creation of facilities
- creation of product
- recycling of products and byproducts
- remediation and protection the environment and ecologies
- Environmental Remediation: We need to look at our natural environment and start to fix it as much as possible to compensate for pollution and the unnecessary destruction of the environment that man has an penchant for doing. Environmental remediation is a must.
- National Wide Business Pollution Evaluation: All companies and their processes must be evaluated as far as how much pollution they have done and are doing and they:
- They will have 1 year to create a 5 year plan to completely remediate all environmental damage caused directly or indirectly (over the entirety of their operation and of their subsidiaries).
- Change their processes to prevent this in the future.
- Face an increasing amount of taxes every year until as such time as they have complied.
- Shift to Alternative Energy Cars: All cars or other transportation companies:
- They will have 1 year to create a 5 year plan to completely shift to all of their cars to alternative energy including refitting.
- Face an increasing amount of taxes every year until as such time as they have complied.
- Create a buyback or conversion plan to support transition to alternative energy based cars
- set up solar powered public charging stations
- Ban on Single Use Plastics: or shift to a non-petroleum based product which biodegrades naturally in 6 weeks or less.
- Sustainable Communities
- More sustainable Homes: require all new housing to have significant alternative energy or a green roofs or walls
- Sustainable and Locally Connected Communities: shifting housing production to be more sustainable and include housing designs like Earthships – sustainable housing, localized food and energy production; community houses tied together through a utility building which stores and manages local electricity and can share and sell it to other communities; this could work for internet too; large scale urban community hydroponic/aquaponic/aeroponic farms.
- Comprehensive City Planning in a manner such as The Venus Project which integrates sustainable design where each city’s infrastructure will be designed from the ground up with all that it needs and with a specific number of population to support. Start to transition our towns and city to this model.