What is nice about living out in a wooded area is that you get to see all sorts of wild animals that you will never see while you are in the city. My neighbor called me tonight and said
I am not sure, no rx but I think that you have a peacock on your roof. and I was like
There’s no way.
Low and behold, we go out side and there’s a peacock on my roof. I think it is a female, and yes, our roof needs some work.
The Belarussian people are very superstitious, as is my wife. She says that it is there belief that a peacocks feather bring about bad luck. =( I countered with the Chinese believe that it is good luck!
- Just as the eagle was the sacred bird of Jupiter, so the peacock was associated by the ancients with Juno, queen of the heavens.
- To meet a peacock is a happy omen, as might be imagined. If he spreads his tail before one’s eyes, happiness and prosperity are promised.
- On the other hand, to bring a peacock’s tail feathers into the house is considered unlucky by superstitious people, for they are considered to be representative of the evil eye.
More Peacock Reading
- Encyclopedia of Superstitions, Folklore, and the Occult Sciences of the World: Volume II
- Peacock Feather Dilemma: Along the Way BLog
- Superstitions About the Peacock and Their Feathers: Global Psychics